Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section in Section View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anyone tell me, how can we make a section in a section view..I have made it, but when I go to that section, there was a blank..
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rikhardus wrote:
Could anyone tell me, how can we make a section in a section view..I have made it, but when I go to that section, there was a blank..

you can't create a section in a section view, but you can place a section marker and link to another section ( a real one generated in plan view)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear whatever, I still want to make a detail section view where that section is not perpendecular to plan view, (i mean a view that vertically slope to a plan view) just like revit does..
Karl Ottenstein
You can get something similar to what you describe by creating a 3D Document. The Section Tool only creates new sections in plan (vertical cuts).

To get your angled 'section', use the 3D Cutting Planes dialog to show your diagonal section cut and probably a distance-limiting cut. If you want to limit the part of the model included in the cut, you might want to use either additional cutting planes, or use a marquee before setting the cutting planes.

Save this as a view - to be able to return to the exact marquee and cutting plane specs at any time in the future. Create a 3D Document from the 3D window and annotate it and create a view of it with named combinations as you normally would.

If you want a section market in the section to refer to this new drawing. then under the section settings, set Marker Reference to "The first placed drawing of the selected view" and navigate to the saved 3DD. Then, the marker will automatically update to refer to the placed drawing in your layout sheets.

Hope that's close to what you want?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB