Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rafters w/no Recess

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering how you guys deal with not haveing a rafter that doesn't have a ridge or base recess.

if i need a rafter with no recess at the top or the bottom i have to just make the recesses very small, but they are still there.
Is that how you guys deal?
7 REPLIES 7
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I am wondering how you guys deal with not haveing a rafter that doesn't have a ridge or base recess.

if i need a rafter with no recess at the top or the bottom i have to just make the recesses very small, but they are still there.
Is that how you guys deal?
What do you need the rafters for? Bill of materials? Model, Look good in section, detail, ??

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like them to look good in section, and be able to show as just a dotted line in plan, and look good in 3D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try using a roof. Just make it as thick as you need it to be and stretch it to the proper thickness and length. I've used this method to make rake trim before.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do usually use the roof tool myself, how ever, the rafters won't show up as single dotted lines in plan with that method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which rafter are you using now?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this what you are looking for Jesikuh?
Rafter.PNG
Erich
Contributor
Here is a framing object that I wrote that works fairly well. It will automatically show as a single line if the partial structure display is set to core only. It also has the ability to represent multiple members with a single object to speed things along.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K