Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Votive Candle

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying too create a simple Votive Candle Object to use in my renderings.

I'v created a material that glows nicely when used in conjunction with the Wall Light Indirect.

I have figured out how to control the brightness parameter but I would also like to control the light color.

How do I script that?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
File Attached
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ed,

The first 3 parameters control the red, green and blue color of the light (GDL Reference Guide, page 89)...

Go to a color editor... and get the RGB numbers of the color you want and put them, each one divided by 256, as the first three numbers on your light code.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to make a parametric control for the object? I can't seem to use the RGB parameter types that appear in the light object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ed,

You can also double click the blank space on the top right corner of the parameter list...

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I save the object as a light?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ed wrote:
How do I save the object as a light?
Click the "Select Subtype" button on your object and select a lamp/light subtype for your object...

This will add predefined parameters for a light object into your object... like the color editor, RGB parameters and others.

Then... simply save it with its own unique name inside your loaded library.

HTH

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!