Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 Pen sets

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a pen set in one project - is there a way of opening up that set in another project - I can't find how to get a custom pen set to open in another instance of AC12?

many thanks,
Richard Hewitt

AC12 2675 USA FULL
Windows XP2
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Options -> Element Attributes -> Attribute Manager
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
And then you can think of creating your own template file with your desire pen set and other attributes
Cheers
richard wrote:
I have created a pen set in one project - is there a way of opening up that set in another project - I can't find how to get a custom pen set to open in another instance of AC12?

many thanks,
Richard Hewitt

AC12 2675 USA FULL
Windows XP2
Did you figure it out yet? I could give step by step instructions if you like.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all for the replies - I get a bit blinded by all the options...
cheers
Richard
Some one may like to see these instructions.

From your Menu at that top, click on Options>Element Attributes>Pen & Colors (Model Views)…This will open the Pens and Colors menu. If you have not named the pen setting you want to store yet click on the Store as…tab. This will open a Save As menu.
In the File name box type in a name for the pen settings.
From the Save as type: box select Attribute Manager File (*.att) and then click Save after you have selected a good place to save it from the Save in: box at the top of the menu.
Now that you have saved your pen settings you can load them in to your new project using the Attributes manager again. Options>Element Attributes>Attributes Manager.
With the Attributes Manager open, click on the Pen Sets tab. Select the pen set you want to save from the list and click Append, then OK.
Now your new pen set will be available on the Available Pen Sets list.
Click Options>Element Attributes>Pen & Colors (Model Views), select the Pen Set you want and then click OK.
This is how you save your Layers, Layer Combinations, Pen Sets, Pens & Colors, Line Types, Fill Types, Composite Structures, Profiles, Materials, Zone Categories, and Cities. You can save them all at one time by selecting the All Attribute Types tab.
There is an Attributes Toolbar that can help speed things up a little.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25