Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Detail Marker GDL Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
On some of our drawings the detail marker has a white background that masks out the geometry underneath. This is handy because you can read the detail number and sheet reference easily.

The problem is that the mask doesn't show up on some projects. Looking at the "Detail Indicator NCS" object, there doesn't seem to be any switch that controls the mask.

I found the following code in the "Marker Head" object which seems to show that the circle is being drawn using the POLY2_B function with pen 91 as the background pen (variable bpn).

fpn=2
bpn=91
If gs_marker_shape_m="1" Then
...<rotation code snipped>...
poly2_b 2, mask, fpn, bpn,
AC_MarkerSize/2,360,4001

Unfortunately, this doesn't actually work.

No matter I try, I can't get the background to show. What am I missing? I want to make this a lot easier for my team to use, but I haven't figured out how it works (or doesn't) in the first place.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked your preferences? (Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous)

It sounds like some projects may be set to use the drawing background color.

BTW. This is not the correct forum for this question. It should probably be in Library Parts. This one is for developers, programmers, and would be code warriors. Particularly API stuff.