BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get a variable from the gdl script to a schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm going to program some 2D/3D reinforcement objects and I wonder how I should script a parameter in GDL so that I can use it in the Interactive Schedule?

Basically I want to stretch a line from 0,0 to A,0 showing the horisontal spreading of the reinforcement. Depending on the distance between the bars (defined in the object) and the lenght of the spreading I get how many bars there actually are and I would like to use this number when I do the reinforcement quantity take off (I don't want to draw or model the bars right now, just the spreading in 2D). When I'm done with this I want to add actual 3D bars (invisible on plan) and weight of the reinforcement.

Cheers,

Mats
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a parameter in your parameter list you can call it up in the interactive schedule. Once you have done all your calculations (master script) just create a parameter and in the parameter script define the parameter (pg 108 of the GDL manual) as the one you calculated. The user wont be able to change it but that is probably a good thing. You are basically creating a dummy variable.

I hope this is understandable. I had to do the same thing with an electrical object that had several different types of light fittings in it.

Julia
Learn and get certified!