BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door/Window problem in archicad 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All.

I'm a new user to Archicad and I've run into a problem. I recently started getting an error in the 3d script of windows and doors after I've placed them and I go to the 3d window to check how things look. Several errors pop up and if i "continue" thru them the object appears and the scene renders. Except for example in the case of a door. Its completely flat. I can see the line for where the paneling is suppose to go but its a simple flat polygon.

If I edit it in anyway ie open a door/rotate scene etc, I get the errors over again. Like I said this recently started happening. I havent upgraded or made any changes to my system. I've tried it on a seperate computer and I get it there also.

Below is the report I get when I try one of the sliding doors.

"Fill not found
at line 77 of file D4 Sliding 81.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 474 of file dp_sliding_door2_panels_81.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 496 of file dp_sliding_door2_panels_81.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 508 of file dp_sliding_door2_panels_81.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 474 of file dp_sliding_door2_panels_81.gsm.
There are several problems with this file. You can cancel the operation with Ctrl/Command - period."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Jacek
Contributor
Patrick,
it looks like you did not load a fill assigned to the library part.
Check for 'Missing Fills' in your Library Manager and Load the ones that are missing. That should solve your problem.

"Patrick S."Fill not found
at line 474 of file dp_sliding_door2_panels_81.gsm."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote wrote:
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the late response.

BUt when you say do a search for "missing fills" do you mean. WHen the library manager does its normal library check when Archicad is first opened? No errors show up there at all, archicad loads up normally. If theres a deeper search function that I'm missing you'll have to explain how to get to it. I don't see anything from the library manager.

The thing is while Fills are the most common error it isn't the only one. I'm getting errors in "call" functions in the script also with a couple windows. So its more than a fill. It like you've mentioned seems to be not finding the files but why does it find them on load. But not while I'm actually using the program?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The error may still be from a fill not in the drawing. The object is searching for a number of a fill by default and if there is no fill assigned to the number, will return an error message. To check the fills by their assigned number, look in the attribute manager and the list under the fills tab will have the assigned number shown.

Some of the common fill numbers that need to be used in a project from my findings are #22, #85, and I beleive the ones you need are #19, #73, and #28. To verify, place the object on the plan and opening the settings window. Look under the parameters, 3D Repersentation, and see if any of the fill designations are shown as missing. Create or import by appending fills with these numbers and the errors should go away. If they still have errors, other number fills may be needed as well.

Good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help.

I've been trying to do as youve said the past couple days now. Unfortunately while I can create fills. I havent found anything to let me assign a specific # at the creation of the fill. Or if you can assign a # later I wouldnt know. I've tried the attribute manager, as well as Option>fill types.

Apparently opening up the objects parameters they all seem to also be missing a Line wieght definition. In this case its #4. Now if theres a way to universally switch these designations so Archicad doesnt assign them to a missig # on object creation that would also be nice. I dont want to have to go in an edit the fill and line parameters for every door and window in the project.

Thanks alot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To assign a fill to a specific number, find a project that has a fill with the desired number and use the overwrite function in Attribute Manager to bring it in (using append will create the fill but put it in sequence with the rest of the list, assigning the next number available).

If you can not find a pln to pull the appropriately numbered fill from, you will have to create it. This can be done by creating new fills which will be put in in sequence to fill the missing numbers. Create a blank drawing, and within this drawing, create new fills until you have a fill with the number you need. Use attribute manager in the drawing you want and then bring the fill in.

To do the process above to create a empty or solid fill in numbered sequence, create enough regular fills into the attribute manager to fill all gaps in numbering sequence so the first unused number is the one you want the fill assigned to (You may want to name them with a similar format for later deletion (ex. Fill 1, Fill 2)). Create a blank drawing and choose the fill type needed. Rename it to a name not used and place it on a drawing. Select the fill and copy it to the clipboard. Open the original drawing into which you want to place the new fill and paste from the clipboard. This will create the fill desired, assigning the number in sequence. Rename your fill as you wish and purge the other fills you had to create to fill the numbering gaps.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you thank you thank you,

That did it, I was sreriously hoping I wouldnt have to create all the fill in numbers. But since you said it was the only way I did it. Didnt take as long as I thought, tho simply being able to assign a number to a fill would definitely come in handy.

The help is greatly appreciated.
Learn and get certified!