BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

IPod Backup

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if anybody else is using the Apple Ipod for backup of files? I find this excellent. The drag and drop ability of placing files into the Ipod is so easy. Before I was using many CDs to back up current projects as project files are often in the 700Mb or higher range. This meant many CDs. Now just the Ipod.

The time to burn CDs was also lengthy but the backup on the Ipod takes only a few minutes.

Also there is the added benefit of all that music one can store on the Ipod!
Now I also need an external hardrive to complete the backup system for off site storage of files.

Cheers,
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes a tax deduction would be nice as well.

Does your battery last very long between charges? Any tips for prolonged battery life? Mine has gone from about 8 hours down to 6.

Cheers,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Nik I will try.

Batteries seem to be the weak link in these small computer items. I checked the Ipod website and they said maybe 400 charges and then a new battery required.
Dwight
Newcomer
A question for iPod users.

"If you back up your iPod during a certain Beatles tune, does it say "Paul is dead?"
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
wr1nkles wrote:
ahhh well, i think the tip (as with all li-ion batteries) is to run them to their lowest point, and then charge them to their fullest capacity( prefferably over night). Do this a couple of times and it should give you a bit more of a boost. The thing with ipods and apple batteries in general is that it will be inevitable that they will loose a portion of their original life. However you should get quite a bit of life out of them.

cheers, nik
The real tip is the opposite, always keep your iPod charged since it will not count towards the 400 recharging battery limit. Check ipodlounge.com for the specifics.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
The real tip is the opposite, always keep your iPod charged since it will not count towards the 400 recharging battery limit. Check ipodlounge.com for the specifics.
Does it hold true for PowerBooks also?
Thanks,
Joseph
Eduardo Rolon
For PB the recommendation is that you run on battery at least once a month to make sure that the battery sensor display is accurate, this after the initial battery run until the battery is drained to calibrate the sensor. About the battery life I am not sure that the same applies since it is different (bigger) it should have more recharge cycles than the iPod's.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight, unfortunately I cant get Paul to sing while I am backing up to the Pod however he, John, George, Jimmi, etc are alive in their music the rest of the time. They seem to greatly assist the creative process.

Eduardo thanks for the link to Ipodlounge. There is alot of useful information on that site.
Learn and get certified!