Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Major Problem with n4_disp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

When I am in the 3D window in Open GL and move around the model the computer locks up at random points, freezes and then I get the Blue screen of death. The bluescreen states that the PC is in a endless loop and that there are problem with the hardware or drivers. It states that n4_disp is causing the problem. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and I have googled the problem but have found no answers to the problem yet. Does anybody know what i should do?

Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think i found the answer.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1412003&STARTPAGE=3&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTM...

There is a problem with the 6800 ultra (clockspeed). Get in touch if you have the same graphics card and need help.
Patrick,

The thread is interesting because it suggests at some point that various nVIDIA card vendors are overclocking (or modifying to use a gentler term) their cards. With more and more people building their own boxes, and not necessarily knowing whta they're doing, this could be a big problem.

After reading the thread I would also be rather leery of futzing with the BIOS settings. It seems that this thread, as an example, offers many ways of describing the elephant.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
So i noticed that you have the same GCard - did you not experience any problems? I was amazed when i called the PC manufacturer and told them what the problem was, they just did not care. Life is getting to complicated. As i write this i am on the phone to Microsoft, because SP2 has cocked up my PC - I am really getting fed up with Microsoft, seriously fed up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was thinking of getting the same video card....
hmmm...may have to look at the ATI's again.