BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

taking pln and blk to another computer

Rakela Raul
Participant
is it possible that when i take the pln and blk files home, things get moved around, not in the same place i had them in the office???
windows that are already corrected in the office..at home are not...eaves are in a diff place and the like???
or is just aging ....very possible also!!!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do you have your PlotMaker preferences set to save your cache with the layout book? Check this in PlotMaker: Options>Preferences>Cache Folder.

If 'Include Cache in Layout Book' is selected, then the imported drawings are stored as part of the Layout Book, which in your case would be good. But if you have 'Save Cache Data into a Folder' selected, then the imported drawings are stored on your hard drive(s) in the folder(s) you designated. Seems like you would know about this though, because the first time you went to another machine, PlotMaker would not have been able to locate the drawings. But who knows?

You can always check where drawings are coming from and their status in Drawing Usage. Have you checked that?

Cheers,
Link.
Rakela Raul
Participant
hi link and thx for responding,
i do have both pm's with 'save cache to layout book' option chkd....

i check 'usage dwgs' all the times cuz i have the constant problem of files showing as deleted or being read from drive 'o' (office network) and now in drive 'c' (laptop), so i keep 'redirecting' (i have expertise redirecting by now)
i keep the same folder structure, except for 'drives', just in case but doesnt work (if i could delete the drive, to be read from folder only)
maybe teamwork should be used?? maybe ac has some miscellaneous param to be chkd??..thx again...maybe i should go home and have a break.....not a bad idea btw.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Learn and get certified!