BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Yet Another Insane Fantasy

Dwight
Newcomer
"CAD managers once again have control of the office."

See:

http://aec.cadalyst.com/aec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=140042
Dwight Atkinson
14 REPLIES 14
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
it's beautiful. so we can have a profile for a guy who just opens files then a profile dedicated to moving through storeys and then an advanced profile that combines saving and closing. Very useful, especially when is a computer shared by at least 10 people.

many thanks to the author who has created new profession a CAD profile manager. finally...
::rk
Dwight
Newcomer
While there's no denying the benefit of these features, I was attempting to point out that the conclusion of the article was fallacious.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
as you did, indeed
Dwight
Newcomer
Upon re-reading, I see your joke, too.

If the firm actually gets big enough, we'll need a Cad Manager Manager Manager.

Probably call that guy a vice-president or something to avoid confusion.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
you need a lot of managers and important titles in a big company what would you do with all that money then?
give it to architects or drafties? they are not worth it - they are strange, always-whinging folk which tends to work on some projects, how revolting...
Dwight
Newcomer
"Whinging" is one of the great English words unknown in North America, especially the Excited States.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
don't you sleep up there in canada?
aah, I see those sodding polar nights... well better then putting up with 40 centigrades (I suppose it's some ridiculous telephone number in fahrenheits).
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm a guy in his basement in his underwear [more detail than you needed] and I come and go from this thing between all the other stuff I do from early 'till late. Better than television. It is mid-evening on the West Coast, and freakish cold and snowy right now - we usually don't get winter here in British California. It is -40C on the other side of the mountains, tho. When it is that cold, spit freezes before it hits the ground, tinkling and bounding like an excited puppy once it lands.

Excuse me while I put another log on the fire.
Dwight Atkinson
here, on the other side of the mountains, its too cold even for the aurora borealis....

perfect then, for a midnight game of hockey!

isn't the author of the Cadalyst article a Graphisoft guy?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!