Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

To Dwight: How did you make this nice tree?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Dwight.
I thank you always for your nice tipps.
I have every time troble to put nice trees on the plan.

How did you make this trees?

Thank you
9 REPLIES 9
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi

I asked him that already and he told me uses software from Onyx http://www.onyxtree.com/

The trees contain a lot of polygons so don't go wild
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer.

Here are also many bitmap trees.

http://www.archi-media.ch/

from Swiss
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
The ArchiBAM tree are also really good now as well.

You can get them here

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
The ArchiBAM tree are also really good now as well.

You can get them here

Cheers.
Ben
You mean in Garden Works?
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
No I mean ArchiBAM, but yes they are included in the Garden Works Lib.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Dwight
Newcomer
There is always a saw-off between the pleasing reality of the 3D tree and their polyload - OnyxTree and Botanica come to mind as being among the best, but the true advantage of these 3D models is when you make your own billboards.

These billboards are superior because they don't have any hanging fringe pixels like photography does.

Here's a billboard made from an Onyx model with the texture and color modulated in Photoshop that I am using in an elevation streetscape. Soft in form yet crisp in edge.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Garden Works doesn't work...
Anonymous
Not applicable
These billboards are superior because they don't have any hanging fringe pixels like photography does.

Here's a billboard made from an Onyx model with the texture and color modulated in Photoshop that I am using in an elevation streetscape. Soft in form yet crisp in edge.

It is realy nice. realistic, at the same time graphical.
Above all it looks like trees on the rendered drawing.
Dwight
Newcomer
While I think about it, the other advantage is that one can use the 3D in the foreground and have the same tree in the deep background, but as a billboard.

Ba doo ba ding.

BTW: OnyxTree Pro has given me promotional software, but don't let that stop you from exploring the other options, including those from the eovia people and Bryce, etc. What you want is a real 3D polygonal leaf structure, not curved planes with bitmapped leaf patterns. As soon as you see a repeat, it is amateur.
Dwight Atkinson