BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

translator help -calling all auto and archi CAD experts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to set up a translator for an architect I am trying to do some consulting work for, but I am having some trouble. I have no problem opening the file, with the layers, etc, but when I send it back, their plot styles were not available in autocad. After reviewing some of the forum posts, I have requested that they send me a "pack&go or eTransmit" file. Hopefully this will help some of the transition problem. I would like to speak with anyone who regularly converts back in forth from autocad 2000 and archicad
thanks
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
Actually you don't need their plotstyles if what they use to define their lineweights is the color of the layer. If so then you only need to match what color goes with what layer and will have to map your layers to the layer names they use if possible. Plotstyles are not saved with individual DWG files they reside in the specific machines that created them.
What you need to do is match their color settings and tell your client to use their regular plotstyle. This is easily done if you create a template drawing for autocad and use that as part of your translation process, Remember that Autocad users don't like lines with thickness so remember to turn your lineweight option to hairlines. It will take some time to get the translation set as near perfect as you can get it, but remember that anything that goes wrong (even if it is not your fault) will be blamed on you since you do not use AutoCAD.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!