BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

MAC Archicad HP Drivers

Anonymous
Not applicable
To All,
We just purchased a 1055cm hp plotter.
We would like to know if there are some new drivers out there for Archicad and HP1055.
The issue is that if we are plotting in Archicad or Plotmaker whit the print function (No plotting) Archicad and or plotmaker freezes and does not continue. I have to restart the plotter + the program(s).
Also,
There is not a control from plotmaker or Archicad for the plotting quality (Best,normal,draft) while using plot command. I used to plot with Autocad and while using the best mode the plotter was really fast!! With Mac I have to change the setting on the machine and the "best or normal" mode are really slow!!
Please help!

Best regards,

DDJUSA
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
ddjusa-

we also use the 1055cm. it looks like the driver is from August 2003 or earlier.

As I understand it, the way the resolution works on that plotter, print quality is entirely a mechanical process (draft=1 scan per inch, normal=2 scans per inch, best=4 scans per inch). The only way you get a better quality print is to take more time to do it. This means that despite what you set your AutoCAD to produce in quality, the plotter likely spit it out at whatever setting the front panel was on - sounds like it was 'draft' with the kind of speed you talk about.

Have you checked to see that your plots from AC on the plotter's draft setting are any better or worse than your AutoCAD plots? We use the draft setting for 99% of our B&W work. The only time we use "print" to the HP1055CM is from photoshop or some other postscript only program. AC & PM are always plotted for speed reasons.

RE: crashing, have you re-installed the driver? The most recent ones should be available on HP's website. Just checked last week - printing from AC & PM works for us.

Wes
Learn and get certified!