BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Conflict with Archicad & Plotmaker Viewsets

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a problem that I didn't have before (when I started using AC/PM 9.0). I've only noticed this problem recently so I'm wondering if there's any bugs in Plotmaker. I'm not able to update a view in Plotmaker anymore.

In Archicad, I had a layer hidden before but now I just turned it on. I saved it in my Viewset and when double-clicking I had no problem viewing it. However, in Plotmaker, the view that I had saved (with that same layer hidden) did not change to the new view when I updated the plans. I tried unlinking and relinking the drawing but it still shows the old view. Only when I deleted the drawing, reimported it into the layout THEN it shows the new view.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you update the layer combination as well or only redefine the viewset? Plotmaker probably was using the old layer combination.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I only redefined the viewset. But it worked fine like that before.
Barry Kelly
In Plotmaker go to PREFERENCES menu > DRAWING ATTRIBUTES and untick the LAYER box.

If this is ticked then the plotmaker view will remain as it was when you first imported it and you are unable to change layers in it yourself.

Turn it off and you should be able to change layers to your hearts content (it will have the same layers and combinations as in Archicad).

Or as you mentioned delete the view and re-import it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, guys, for the info. But now that I tried updating again, everthing was updated regardless of whether or not the "layer" box was checked. Weird.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

We have been having the same problem.

In ArchiCAD:
Redefine View, Save.

In PlotMaker:
Make sure that the drawing overwrites the layers box is checked. Drawing isn't updated.

But...today...I have restarted my machine. Opened ArchiCAD and PlotMaker back up and guess what..it works.

I would be willing to file this under "it happened once now let's move on" except it has happened three times to three different people. In all three cases we followed the steps above and in all three cases the problem went away with a restart.

Is this right? Is this the workaround?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. The other "workaround" - delete the drawing and reimport it - is not an option.
David Tauer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Please check if this has to do anything with the problem depicted here.

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/LBKupdate.html

Thanks & Regards,
Dave
David W. Tauer
Graphisoft U.S., Inc. - Boston
1-800-238-3992
http://www.archicadwiki.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dave,

That seems to have done it.

Thanks,