BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

!Restored: tiger and AC/PM open/save dialogues . . .

__archiben
Booster
i'm finding quite a delay with archiCAD and plotmaker both bringing up the open and save/save as dialogues since i installed tiger (OSX 10.4). i've also noticed that when the dialogues are up, they resemble the cocoa-style application dialogues with the little pull bars between each column rather than the carbon column dialogues without the pull bars.

has the OS stopped supporting the carbon open/save dialogues i wonder? and since AC/PM isn't written to take advantage of the cocoa resources is there some kind of tug-of-war going on between the app and the system to produce the dialogue? or is it just me?

graphisoft?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i've also noticed that when the dialogues are up, they resemble the cocoa-style application dialogues with the little pull bars between each column rather than the carbon column dialogues without the pull bars.~/archiben
Thank goodness! I have complained a long time about not being able to resize the columns to see what I am trying to open. I always thought it was stupidity on apples part and had no idea that it could be application related. I might tolerate a little slowness, just to get this additional feature.
__archiben
Booster
Millard wrote:
I might tolerate a little slowness, just to get this additional feature.
are you also experiencing the slowness? just for reference - you may be able to pull the column widths, but double clicking doesn't jump the width to optimal automatically as in all other cocoa apps. this is what's making me think that it's using some kind of bastardised resource and hence the slow-down . . .

i do also think that it might be system related rather than graphisoft related - it happened to me using photoshop later yesterday as well.

graphisoft?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't made the leap to tiger yet. I will upgrade my home computers and then if all goes well, upgrade the office machines.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Mine still open instantly (or there about:)... but now I can resize them, not by double clicking them though.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
__archiben
Booster
Rick wrote:
Mine still open instantly (or there about:)... but now I can resize them, not by double clicking them though.
i wonder what my issue is then? i get a good 10 second wait. all permissions are repaired and cocktail's shaken . . . maybe something to do with the fact you have a dual g5?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
~/archiben wrote:
i wonder what my issue is then? i get a good 10 second wait. all permissions are repaired and cocktail's shaken . . . maybe something to do with the fact you have a dual g5?
~/archiben
These dialogs should appear fairly quickly on any processor. The main cause of delays for me is when the OS reviews all the places that could be browsed just prior to displaying the dialog and one volume is slow to respond, e.g. a CD spinning up. Do you have a mounted volume which might be responsible, e.g. from a remote site?
Ralph Wessel BArch
__archiben
Booster
Ralph wrote:
Do you have a mounted volume which might be responsible, e.g. from a remote site?
no - a single standalone powerbook. happens with photoshop too. i have no idea what could cause it beyond that i've described above . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Eduardo Rolon
AC and PM are also slow to open on my G5, saving is ok though. I have reinstalled the Wibu drivers a couple of times without any improvement, plus repair permissions, coctail etc. Photoshop also is slow and I was looking at the "System.log" in Console and saw that PS was having some errors because of trying to load ceirtain "Classic" features:

"May 6 09:05:45 Elessar /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS/Adobe Photoshop CS.app/Contents/MacOSClassic/Adobe Photoshop CS: cupsd mach_msg error (ipc/rcv) timed out"

and AC's log

"May 6 09:06:29 Elessar /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 9/ArchiCAD: cupsd mach_msg error (ipc/rcv) timed out"

Have no idea what they mean.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Aussie John
Newcomer
Ben do you have Virex installed? Apparently that is causing slowdown issues
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!