BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker file invalid?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My lbk will no longer open. I can't even open the bbk. I threw away all the plotmaker prefs but still no luck.

I can open my other lbk files so I assume that one file is corrupt. But why the bbk also???

What can I do?

Of course I was going to print this project for submittal tomorrow!!!

error.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Jeff,

Try to create a new LBK, and import layouts one by one from the corrupt file into the new one. You might be able to import some/most of the layouts, altough some layouts will probably give the same error message.
It is a good idea to first open a similar LBK (with same masters, titles, etc.), and then open a new file with those settings loaded.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
I opened a new layout book, selected FILE>IMPORT then browsed to the corrupt file and clicked open, but nothing happens. The "Import Layout From..." dialog box never opens.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Your file is probably not salvageable. This error message indicates that the structure of the file is not a PlotMaker file. e.g. if you rename any file to .LBK, then try to open that, you will get this error message.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried opening your .lbk on another platform? I.E. windows?
Learn and get certified!