BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2d working drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been more familier with Autocad but I want to switch to archicad where i am a complete novice,
i will like to clarify few things
1-can Archicad do Comprehensive/ Exhaustive 2D working(construction) drawings, as autocad can .
2-Which can render most Autocad or Archicad with reference to true life situation.
I will greatly appreciate if someone can provide answers to these questions

Thanks for your Help

femi, Nigeria
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
1-can Archicad do Comprehensive/ Exhaustive 2D working(construction) drawings, as autocad can

Yes! With much greater accuracy and speed.
2-Which can render most Autocad or Archicad with reference to true life situation.

Both can reference true life situations. The major difference is ArchiCAD is a BIM (Building Information Model) program, therefore, you build the project in your computer which forces greater accuracy and allows for much quicker creation of construction documentation. All of ArchiCAD is parametric which means that when you change something in one drawing or in one area of the model all related drawings get that same change which increases drawing coordination and accuracy while reducing drafting time. And, you can still do any 2D drafting that you need in ArchiCAD to detail and annotate.

Cheers - Mate
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

I am using both ACAD 2004 (because I have to! Otherwise I wouldnt use it!) and ArchiCAD 9 software. Though ArchiCAD for a longer time, but nevertheless ArchiCAD is much better. And above all is different in character- Its made for architects. ACAD is surely not! You decide. But if you are already thinking of switching- than you must do it.
Djordje
Ace
femi wrote:
1-can Archicad do Comprehensive/ Exhaustive 2D working(construction) drawings, as autocad can .
Today I started both ArchiCAD 9 and AutoCAD 2005 during my lunch break, told them what to do, and went to eat.

Came back, lo and behold - blank screens!!!!

THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING!

Software does nothing, we do.

ArchiCAD is as effective in pure drafting as AutoCAD is - even more, because it does good portion of it for you. What the real time saver is coordination and changes. No, you do NOT have to go from one drawing to the other and correct the stuff over and over again.

So, in short - yes, you can do as goodor better construction sets, but you have to learn HOW.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!