Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

PLotflow for OSX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to determine the IP address of the plotter? In OS9 the plotter shows up in plotflow when appletalk is selected, no problems there printing is fine, but using Plotflow for OSX since there is no Appletalk available, only TCP/IP....how do determine the IP address

Thanks

Shaz

Mac OSX 10.2.8
G4/733

Plotter is HP430 Monochrome
Using Castelle LanPress Jr. Print Server Box
Ethernet connections
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The IP address should be set by your print server. I am not familiar with the one you have but most have a button to print out the server's settings/configuration. This should include the IP address. (BTW the port address is typically 9100.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having problems with plotflow and my HP designjet 500ps. I am connected via ethernet cable and am able to plot no problem from AC, PM, and OfficeX programs. I can't seem to plot through Plot Flow X, I think because I don't know the port number. I have tried using port 9100 as it seems many people on this forum have had some luck with it, but it did not seem to work for me. Does anyone know how to determine/set which port the plotter is using?

Thanks

Scott R

OSX 10.3.5
G4 Powerbook 1.5Ghz, 2 gig ram, ATI9700 128mb vram
hp designjet 500ps
MSotero
Participant
Scott wrote:
... connected via ethernet cable and am able to plot no problem from AC, PM, ... Does anyone know how to determine/set which port the plotter is using?
If you are able to "plot" from AC & PM then you should be able to get the IP and Port numbers from the the Plot Setup of either of those programs.