Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

keynotes and label tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a simple keynote symbol object I use where the keynote number is the object ID, making it very easy to adjust from the info box. I then just use a polyline for the arrow. I am wondering if I can turn this into a label so that the leader line and the keynote symbol are one entity, and if so is there a way to still change the keynote # from the info box.

If this has already been address, please direct me to the correct thread!
6 REPLIES 6
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Here is one I posted in the free GDL objects thread

Free Keynote object label
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Aussie John
Newcomer
Scott wrote:
I have a simple keynote symbol object I use where the keynote number is the object ID, making it very easy to adjust from the info box. I then just use a polyline for the arrow. I am wondering if I can turn this into a label so that the leader line and the keynote symbol are one entity, and if so is there a way to still change the keynote # from the info box.

If this has already been address, please direct me to the correct thread!
i think you can just open the object and resave as a label.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dennis Lee
Booster
I am having the same question now. Does anyone have the answer to this? I have downloaded several keynote labels and I also have the STS keynotes, but none of them are editable from the Info Box as they are suggested possible. If I change the text to "ID", nothing shows, and the INFO box does not have an ID field for me to edit.

It seems that this is the case for anything that is a 'label' object.

Is this a new limitation for V10? I haven't used V9 so I'm not sure. Is there any setting that I'm not seeing here?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
If I change the text to "ID", nothing shows, and the INFO box does not have an ID field for me to edit.
The ID field may be hidden or toward the bottom (or right) of the info box. Check your work environment settings. The ID should work in most parts of this type.

If you feel slightly adventurous this is a very easy symbol to script. The key bit is:
Text2 0, 0, GLOB_ID
You will also need DEFINE STYLE and SET STYLE statements. The box can be a simple Rect2 or Circle2. Other polygons are a bit trickier (as far as the maths go). The leader can also be tricky if you want something fancy, but once you've got the first bit you should be able to figure it out.
Dennis Lee
Booster
The ID field may be hidden or toward the bottom (or right) of the info box. Check your work environment settings. The ID should work in most parts of this type.
I checked the work environment settings, and although I found out a new way to customize the info box, it's not there. Actually, the ID field is not even in the Label settings dialog.
If you feel slightly adventurous this is a very easy symbol to script. The key bit is:
Code:
Text2 0, 0, GLOB_ID

You will also need DEFINE STYLE and SET STYLE statements. The box can be a simple Rect2 or Circle2. Other polygons are a bit trickier (as far as the maths go). The leader can also be tricky if you want something fancy, but once you've got the first bit you should be able to figure it out.
Although I have almost no idea on how to write a GDL script, what I did do is compare "Shape Label JM9.gsm" and "Shape Tag JM9.gsm" side by side. The label object does not have the ID field to control the value of the text, whereas the tag object does. As far as I could tell, the two objects have identical code lines and seems identical in all aspects, except for the "subtype" designation. I even tried saving the Tag object as a label object after changing this subtype, and the ID field disappears. Therefore, I'm suspecting that this "subtype" has something to do with it, but can't quite figure it out...

Do most people just open up the settings dialog each time to change the keynote value? I guess the other alternative is to use the tag object and have a separate leader for each note - which may not be a bad idea since I also couldn't find any keynote label that let me have the leader end up at the bottom or top of the symbol (useful for elevations or sections where you have keynotes at the top and bottom of the drawing).
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
I checked the work environment settings, and although I found out a new way to customize the info box, it's not there. Actually, the ID field is not even in the Label settings dialog.
Sorry, I was thinking of a simple symbol part. The label tool has no ID of its own. It uses the ID of the associated element.