BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Desaster with New SE Library!! Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I just down loaded the latest SE Library over the old SE Library even though it is loaded I have lost all my column objects and doors and textures! What is happening any ideas??
Thanks,
joseph
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Joseph,

Ouch. I'm feeling a little responsible for your temporary misery since that is what I advised in another post.

Corresponding parts from the original SE library are supposed to be linked automatically to the right parts in the SE9 update library. While the new names have "SE9" appended, the internal GUIDs match.

Are you sure you have the entire new library loaded (the folder that contains the SE9 PLA as well as all of the folders)? The revised library is not a single PLA but a group of folders, but with most of it in the PLA.

When you get the error messages from Library Manager, is it just a basic 'missing object' message, or something more detailed? Perhaps you could give the full message/name/path/whatever for one of the errors.

If you don't figure it out in the morning, give me a PM with your phone number and I'll call and see if I can help figure it out.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I just wanted to report for people reading this thread that only one of Joseph's problems was related to the SE9 library. The missing parts were from the standard 9 library. He's up and going again. 😉

The one aspect of the SE9 library that affected him, and may affect you, is the door markers. He used the Door Marker_NCS from the original SE library. That should have automatically been matched to the Door Marker_NCS SE9 in the new library, but was not and was instead reported as a missing library part.

The solution if you run into this is to include a copy of the old marker in your project library (create a PLA of the project with the old library, open and unpack the PLA, move the marker part from the unpacked library into your project lib - or into a compatability lib used in other project).

Alternatively, you could select all doors in 3D and change their marker ... but you would then have to update all of the marker parameters, too.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!