Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker Master sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am printing a selection of Layouts in PM (but not entire Layout Book)When I select layouts with different Masters which appear to have exactly the same settings (see attached image), and pick "print Selected Layouts in Navigator" and go to Print Options it tells me that the Layouts have different sizes, and does not give a preview of my drawing on the sheet. Any ideas why?
As you can see on the attached screenshot they both have the same sheet size (A3) and margins. Master A3 is my standard drawing title block, and A3 Landscape SK is used for my cover sheet.

Spot the difference....

masters.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works by me.
I can see Sheet Previews in Print Options Dialog

Maybe there is a specific "bug" in AC9/PM build 1812 NZE Full?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can only see that the Set as Default for New Layouts checkbox at the bottom is in a different state for the two drawings.
Everything else is the same.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I can only see that the Set as Default for New Layouts checkbox at the bottom is in a different state for the two drawings.
Everything else is the same.
Exactly, so why does this "different sizes" message occur. Of course you can only have one Master set as the default.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Exactly, so why does this "different sizes" message occur. Of course you can only have one Master set as the default.
I have had this problem before. If you have not done this already, go to the master layout for both and go to the master layout settings dialog. Under the paper size drop down scroll all the way to the top and choose the "import from printer (plotter)" and find the specific printer/plotter you want to use and make sure everything is set up the way you would like it and then hit "ok". (You might want to click ok as it might be detrimental the the computer to hit it) The do the same for the other layout. They should then print the same and you should not get this error.

I have done this for one layout and reproduced the settings for another layout and it would not accept it till I use the Import from printer option.

If this doesn't help I am no help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips jcude. Only problem being I sometimes want to print same size drawing to a different printer, which has different margins, so have to set up Master for worst case.

Feel like "hitting" keyboard, ... with forehead, ... in the style of r.benbenek.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stewart,

I don't know if this will help, but I was always getting Extra Blank Sheets when I was Printing to PDF. (I now this is not Plotting). So that the Borders would be Sufficient size I have set all of my Master Layouts using "Import Settings from Printer", and have the Amyuni PDF Converter Driver as the Printer and the (for me) "Arch D 24 x 36 in" size.

This driver has a much larger print/plot area than my HP DesignJet 600, but I know this and the Title Blocks and borders on each Master are actually set up only to use the space that the HP DesignJet 600 would allow.

When Plotting, say one sheet, of a Layout with these Masters it always states that it sent 2 Sheets but the HP never spits out a blank sheet. But the Masters are all sized okay for the creation of the PDF. Make any Sense...?
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
I don't know if this will help, but I was always getting Extra Blank Sheets when I was Printing to PDF.
Go to Amyuni settings, Advanced options, and set physical margins to zero. All will be well.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Djordje, you are like my private Amyuni Teacher. Now I can set the Master Sheets up with the "True" Borders from my plotter.

All and all though this may not help Stewart.....
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi s2art

FWIW I have never come across this problem myself (in fact I'd like to see a screen shot of the error message).

I have always followed the method outlined by jcude. In fact I never use any other method than importing settings from printer/plotter. As soon as you do that, the printer's margins appear in the Master Layout Setttings dialog, so it gives you instant feedback.

In your case I would try both printers and go for the worst case scenario as you had already alluded to. From there you can either use separate publishing sets to publish to different printers, or set each view independently. I tend to go for the former as it is more intuitive for the user.

It's also worth pointing out that if users want to make permanent changes to their print setup (eg. Jay's margins settings, font embedding in Amyuni is also a good one), it is best to do this via the operating system. On a PC that means going to Start>Printers and Faxes>right click on desired printer>Printer Preferences.

Changes made here affect all programs, but only have to be set once.

Cheers,
Link.