Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

After crash AC opens in Detached mode.

Today AC crashed several times. Only one time the Autosave file opened in online mode.
Every other time it opened in "Detached" mode, forcing me to discard changes.
Is this normal?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you reloaded the project from teamwork server? IIRC, discarding and re-joining might be the same thing. There was one project that was really not cooperating with layer manager, I saved it out as a .pln, backed up the TW file, removed it from server, and opened up the saved .pln to share once again onto the server. Maybe that will help?
sorry what does IIRC mean?

The question was if it is normal for AC to open my teamwork local copy (or however it is now called) in detached mode, after a crash.

Shouldn't it open in normal online mode?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe IIRC is "If I Recall Correctly".

My answer to your latest question is that AC does not always send your TW2 file into detached mode after every crash. I think usually that message appears when the error and crash was in result of some kind of connection or communication issue between your local copy and the TW2 file on BIM Server.

I've seen AC crash and open up the local copy right back on its two feet through the Autosave resurrection and remain connected to the server. I've also gotten the detached mode message prompting me to discard & rejoin (only if there is not much work to be lost).
ok, thanks for the clarification.

I can understand that AC opens in detached mode when the crash is due to a communication error.
But it is not my case. If you follow the link on my first post, you can see that the crash has nothing to do with TW functions.
So the file opening in detached mode should be considered an anomaly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure at one point while restarting AC in detached mode, you already reloaded your local copy from server. Assuming you had already done that does the file still crash after pressing that one Curtain Wall button? If so, have you tried saving the updated file into a .pln file and taking it off the BIM Server? And did it still crash while in solo .pln format?

You can always reshare the project from .pln back onto the BIM Server. That may help flush out some of the buggy behavior. If it still crashes while in solo .pln or after resharing onto the BIM Server, perhaps it is a bug. When pressing that button and crashing, is it always with one particular CW? Or different ones?

Where I am coming from is we had one TW2 project that would crash every time one particular section was modified. Other sections would be fine - it was just that one section in particular. We ended up deleting that section and starting another one. It worked again just fine.
Well the file crashed several times after i reloaded my local copy, that's for sure. The other sure thing is that when i tried to do the same thing on a solo PLN i didn't have any problem.
Today when i tried again, everything was fine... AC didn't crash (the TW file)...
but to constantly have to re-share the project isn't a solution... i have been through this a lot of times because of this, and it is really becoming annoying