Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archid won't start. Crazy error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad.exe: Start Error
?LeftRightEmptyHotlinkCachePropagation@VBUtil@@3VCustom AssociationPropertyValue@ODB@@B not found. Function is not available in VBUtils.dll!
ArchiCAD will not start. Any idea why I would get this error after installing the latest ArchiCAD and Library hot fixes? I have just installed ArchiCAD 13.

Currently running on XP Pro 64-bit
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like an installation problem. I've been using 13 with Vista 64 and Win7-64 with no problem but have no experience with XP64. Some who are far more expert in the intricacies of Windows than I have told me that XP64 can be quite flaky. It might be a good time to upgrade to Win7.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's a possibility. I did have 12 running fine without any issues, although it was running out of the x86 folder...I uninstalled that before installing 13.

One other thing is I also have FormZ on my computer, which also runs its license off a WIBU key. Could any conflicts arise from that?

VBUtils is a driver in the ArchiCAD program directory...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same error! I installed it about a week ago and it worked when I first opened it, so I don't know why it's suddenly having an error now!

I'm runnning Vista 32-bit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like you guys should get in touch with tech support.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Seems like you guys should get in touch with tech support.
I can't even find contact details for tech support! Anywhere I look either guides me to here, or to the sales offices. I'm a student user, so I don't have a retailer, since I got it from the Graphisoft download site.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not familiar with EDU support procedures. You could check with your local dealer or the GS office in your country (if there is one) do see if they know whom you should contact.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My license is a full commercial one. Not an edu.

Hey, ArchiCAD 13 makes a great paperweight!

I sent Graphisoft an e-mail over a week ago with no response.

Does support ever post on the Graphisoft forums?

EDIT: @PETER Thanks! I'll try that number. Just replying here so as not to bump the thread again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to talk to a real person who solved a problem I had.
I called the telephone number below.

Graphisoft U.S., Inc.
One Gateway Center, Suite 302
Newton, Massachusetts 02458-2802 USA

Phone: 1-617-485-4203
1-800-238-3992
Fax: 1-617-641-2801
E-mail: info@graphisoft.com
E-mail: support@graphisoft.com

Peter Devlin