Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Save-As format

Anonymous
Not applicable
When saving a file that was saved as a "save-as" file will it automatically be saved in and on that "save-as" format or must it be saved as a save-as each time the project is opened and changed ?

often AC lost, Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall "Save as..." from the plan window remembers the last used format (and location - at least on Mac). From the 3D it always defaults to PSD (Photoshop) format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
As I recall "Save as..." from the plan window remembers the last used format (and location - at least on Mac). From the 3D it always defaults to PSD (Photoshop) format.
not on mine... it always goes back to the top of the list of the available formats, which is a pain as i've got caught out and instead of saving as dwg i save another pln...
Barry Kelly
xristina wrote:
Matthew wrote:
not on mine... it always goes back to the top of the list of the available formats, which is a pain as i've got caught out and instead of saving as dwg i save another pln...
Using the "Save As" again it will remember the previously used format.
But it does not change the format of what you have on screen.
Issuing a "Save" command will simply save what you have on the screen which is still the PLN.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11