Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

do schedule help much?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am not a quantity surveyor, but just ask because of curious.

do the schedule help much in quantity survey?

or only for estimation?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
it depends how well you develop your quantity scripts, and ofcause how exact your model is. You can't get more data or detailed data from your model than you put in there (the first law everyone that works with data should now )

1 + 1 can't be 2.0, but it could be 2.

But yes, it can help you on different levels of work. A well organized model and you get alot of information from schedules.
angus wrote:

or only for estimation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
well...yes.
schedule documents are very very handy.
and another thing is that this are the information from the model.
and this what makes the model intelligent...
Do schedules help much is like asking if a hammer helps much.
It depends on what your doing with it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your answers.

now the more i explore in schedule, the more i know this is so helpful and we can taylor made our own schedule and fulfill most of our need.
Djordje
Ace
angus wrote:

or only for estimation?
Depends on the detail and data level of your model.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Without putting a lot of quantity survey knowledge into an Archicad document, the lists aren't that useful for estimating.

You can, with great effect, use even rudimentary schedules to compare differing solutions as to relative consumption of materials. This is more important because it aids decision making.
Dwight Atkinson