Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making a Site Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make a site plan of my projects in Archicad
But I couldn't figure it out how is the best way.
is there a view that shows the projection of all model??
using the projected of the stories I couldn't do it
How did you do it??

siteplan.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try THIS THREAD

The hack referred to for previous versions (as you don't specify yours - add AC version and OS to a signature) is:

1 - from 3D Internal Engine view, shadows on, looking down on building - use a rectangular marquee to CTRL-C (CMD-C) copy.
2 - From resulting dialogue use the following options:
Copy/Save as - Scaled drawing
Construction Elements - None
Shadows - Edges and Polygons (or just polygons)

3 - This copies shadows to clipboard, go back to plan view and Paste.

Hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
something like this

the part in red are traced reference..... but the final image that a want is pretty much like this
projection.jpg
Djordje
Ace
This is a good use for the 3D Document.

Set the 3D window to the Top View. Generate 3D Document. Shadows and 3D fill on. Dimension and annotate to taste. Place on appropriate Layout. Done.

That is, if you are on ArchiCAD 12. Please update your signature so that it shows your ArchiCAD version and build, and OS details.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the 3d view to generate my site plan. But the shadows doesn't appear (only their outline) and the cover fills of the mesh and the roads either..
What I'm a doing wrong??
Is there the way that you do to make a siteplan showing the roads and the buildings on the terrain?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Creating a new model view i turn on all the layers that i wanna show...
but the stair and the cars aren't on their heights.. the stairs is to show on the home store and one above... so I don't know why is showing through the roof
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
fabricfo wrote:
I used the 3d view to generate my site plan. But the shadows doesn't appear (only their outline) and the cover fills of the mesh and the roads either..
What I'm a doing wrong??
This is a function of the 3D Document, not the 3D Window. Create a 3D Document of the 3D Window, then edit it's settings similar to the image below.
fabricfo wrote:
Creating a new model view i turn on all the layers that i wanna show...
but the stair and the cars aren't on their heights.. the stairs is to show on the home store and one above... so I don't know why is showing through the roof
You'll need to assign a cover fill to the roof to mask anything below it. Even if it's a blank white fill. Then bring the roof to the front of the Display Order.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there Link
Thanks a lot for you help... I did make the shadows work this time
But the problem with the roof and the stair I thinks it's because I used in the saved view a cut floor at height 700 meters to show all the stories in a 2d mode.. so it will (of couse) show the wall inside the building..
How did you do to make a site plan showing the cover fills in a 2d mode without using the 3d projection?

Thanks a lot for your help
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
fabricfo wrote:
How did you do to make a site plan showing the cover fills in a 2d mode without using the 3d projection?
Cover Fills won't come through from the 3D Window.

Only the 3D Hatching will. So that means you need to assign a material with the desired 3D hatching to your elements. Then it can show automatically in the 3D Document.

The 3D Document only uses the 3D Projection settings and 3D Filter Elements to determine what is shown in the 3D Document, based on the current (or last accessed) 3D Window. Keep in mind that cover fills don't show in the 3D Window, they are for floor plan display only. The cover fill icon in the Model View Options dialog is a little misleading there, but the fact remains that they never show in 3D.

So if you understand the mechanics of how the 3D Document is created from the current 3D Window, you can see why the link back to the element's original cover fill is broken. In this case it would be nice to show the element's original cover fill, but I think this will have to be submitted as a wish.

Whilst wishing, I would also wish to be able to set up a default 3D Document, similar to alt-clicking on one.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hummm.... so that's the problem.. There are no way to make a site plan without using the 3d document... But if I use the 3d view to generate que plan, the trees object will come as there 3d representating, insted of the desired 2d representetion of them that i use in plan ...

Thanks a lot....