Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Labelling Slabs and Zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using zones to create mining blocks in a design of an underground coal mine. I have configured the zone reporting to give me volume and to export the data to a spreadsheet so more calcs can be done.
I would like to be able to add a linear dimension output to the stamp and have tried to use the zone stamp that has been reviewed on this site but I cant get it to work when the zone is rotated.
I can use a slab instead of a zone but i cannot work out how to attach a label that give XxYxZ in plan view - any help? PS can one use a label on a zone?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
LenTurner wrote:
I am using zones to create mining blocks in a design of an underground coal mine. I have configured the zone reporting to give me volume and to export the data to a spreadsheet so more calcs can be done.
I would like to be able to add a linear dimension output to the stamp and have tried to use the zone stamp that has been reviewed on this site but I cant get it to work when the zone is rotated.
I can use a slab instead of a zone but i cannot work out how to attach a label that give XxYxZ in plan view - any help? PS can one use a label on a zone?
Zones cannot be Labeled.
Can you show a sketch or a drawing of what you are trying to do?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply,

Attached is an example of what I am attempting. "Mining Blocks Detail" show a contoured geological map of a mining zone. The contours are a coal seam known here as the Aires seam and also shown are fault and thrust zones that determine the mining block positions. The shaded zones are 50 metre wide mining blocks and the centre block is the portion that has the access roads and pillars that are left behind to support the ground above. There are 50 to 60 of these blocks each containing substantial amounts of coal. When we are designing such an operation one has to calculate volumes of recoverable coal and I use the zone as a tool to do so. The coal seams together are 5.4 metres in thickness and up to 2500 metres in length. So I create a zone that represents such a block and one that has the barrier pillars and roads. A quick zone calc gives me the stats I require for further analysis (primarily volume) but one desired stat is length of block. I am trying to unravel the geometry of the gdl object to find the variable that gives the primeter so perhaps I can extract just the linear dimensions. So far I have been unsuccesful but one solution was to use slabs instead of zones - with slabs i can generate a similar calculated extraction but as with the zone all I can get is a perimeter, volume and height etc - I thought a label may give me the length width and height but I cant get one to work - I can get the beam object label to work but when I place the slab label on to the slab it just shows an ID and when I use object label it only display the XxYxZ and not the actual dimensions. So can one use an object label on a slab?
Mine Blocks Details.png