Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Updating old Door/Window Builder files

Wokka
Contributor
Hi!
I need to open an old R9 file with D/W Builder 3.5 windows into R11 (due to the Cinema 4D issues). I have the old library but the parts are unusable. I vaguely recall seeing a tutorial or movie explaining how this can be done (VERY vague!) Does anyone know how or if this can be done .
Cheers
I'm waiting on Cadimage response but (as usual) I need to know asap.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can download and install DW builder for V11. Then only load V11 library with this project and run menu command "Cadimage->Door and Window-> upgrade door and window objects to AC11 " to update all doors and widnows in the project to V11 compatible.

If it doesn't work, these doors and windows might have been created with an older version of DW builder. Can you please contact us directly about this issue?
Wokka
Contributor
Thanks for the response.
I managed to fumble through the issue late last night as it was needed for a quick presentation this morning. The original file was from R9, so the upgrading worked well!
Thanks again.
I also have some issues with 2D display and scheduling issues etc.
Is this the better forum for discussion? I've started a support ticket on the Cadimage web site but it's not really a trouble shooting issue, more for ideas for scheduling and quick fixes. This forum seems a little easier and I get notified if responded too.
Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will get a faster response by contact us directly. And in order to resolve your issue, we might request some information from you which may be private.