Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Why are my walls black? other quick questions as well

Anonymous
Not applicable
Often when I apply a texture onto a wall, the wall becomes a solid black (in 3D), and when I render it, it stays black. I've tried rebuilding the walls, and many other things, and nothing seems to work.

Also how do I export a rendering as an image?

Also how do I do a rendered sun study, and how do I export it as a movie?

And finally, I'm looking for an iMac object. Is there a free one somewhere that I can download? I'd like to avoid paying for a whole new library.

Thanks for all the help.
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
Are you at the LightWorks rendering seminar in Chicago Wednesday? All your issues will come up. Personal service for all questions.

Call Door 13 to sign up. 773.252.4888

Have never seen the black wall issue - so if nobody knows specifically:

The black walls probably mean that you are not applying the texture in all rendering modes. Or don't have enough RAM or don't have a good graphics card.

Do you have your OpenGL settings to show textures?

One way i know to get the imac:

3D Warehouse for the imac. Get SketchUp Pro demo or free version to save as 3Ds.....

Such basic questions indicate that you should read the Vizualization section of the Reference guide accessed under the HELP menu.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Are you at the LightWorks rendering seminar in Chicago Wednesday? All your issues will come up. Personal service for all questions.

Call Door 13 to sign up. 773.252.4888

Have never seen the black wall issue - so if nobody knows specifically:

The black walls probably mean that you are not applying the texture in all rendering modes. Or don't have enough RAM or don't have a good graphics card.

Do you have your OpenGL settings to show textures?

One way i know to get the imac:

3D Warehouse for the imac. Get SketchUp Pro demo or free version to save as 3Ds.....

Such basic questions indicate that you should read the Vizualization section of the Reference guide accessed under the HELP menu.
Ya my OpenGL settings show textures, because the textures work for some walls, but not for others. Unfortunately I won't be around Wednesday for that, but thanks anyways.

Also I have a Macbook Pro, so I don't think that would be this issue. It has a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ CPU, 2GB DDR3 ram, and a 9600m GT video card.

Thanks for your answer about the iMac. Do you have any idea how to export the 3D rendering as a picture?

Also I've noticed that when I import objects, they're always VERY shiny. Any idea why? I've tried switching between the rendering engines, but really only the Lightworks Rendering engine looks nice.

edit: I have made progress!!

Now when I render, the black walls disappear, but I still see them in the normal view.