Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ways to draw in ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
In ArchiCAD help, it is said: objects can be placed "automatically by specific commands or Add-Ons (Markers, Labels, RoofMaker and TrussMaker elements)". Where exactly can I input those specific commands? Another question is, there should be database containing all elements' coordinates information (XYZ), how can I display them? or where can I find or edit this database?
Anyone can help?? Thanks a lot!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
The automatic placement is handled by the particular feature or add on and will vary accordingly.

Running a report on elements XYZ positions may be possible in the Scheduler or using List Schemes. Why do you need this? I've never known anyone to ask for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Why do you need this? I've never known anyone to ask for this.
Lets say I want a GDL object to attach itself intelligently to another object, say a electrical outlet to a wall, I'd need this information. I assume there would be a means of doing this in the API, but not in GDL.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleverbeans wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Why do you need this? I've never known anyone to ask for this.
Lets say I want a GDL object to attach itself intelligently to another object, say a electrical outlet to a wall, I'd need this information. I assume there would be a means of doing this in the API, but not in GDL.
So you are looking to code Revit style relationships into ArchiCAD? That would definitely be API territory.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
So you are looking to code Revit style relationships into ArchiCAD? That would definitely be API territory.
Well walls and doors already do this so I'm not sure it's exclusive to Revit, although I've never used it so I couldn't say. I know that older software such as Microstation and AutoCAD allow this sort of thing, but it's controlled through the API not modelling tools.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleverbeans wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Well walls and doors already do this so I'm not sure it's exclusive to Revit, although I've never used it so I couldn't say. I know that older software such as Microstation and AutoCAD allow this sort of thing, but it's controlled through the API not modelling tools.
ArchiCAD actually has quite a few such relationships. Walls, beams and columns interact automatically. It's just that you can't roll your own the way you can in Revit.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
the rail tool from Cadimage has also a sort of relationship with the slab edge as it adapt itself "automatically" if the slab geometry is modified ....
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|