Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modify "Railing Vertical" gsm object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Is there a way to modify the "Railing Vertical" gsm object that comes in Archicad 9 own library, to display a different vertical bar (made by me)?

I mean, replacing the simple vertical bar with a classical curved bar.

I know this involves GDL editing, but I don't know where to start.

A little help is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
cris2d2:

In the US version of Railing Vertical (which has an annotated script!) starting at line 69 (labeled !!!!!!!!Vertical Bars!!!!!!!!) of the 3D Script is the code for this part of the object. The actual command is
Prism_ 5,zzyzx-hrh-lcbh-ucbh-2*lh,
-bth/2,-bw/2,15,
bth/2,-bw/2,15,
bth/2,bw/2,15,
-bth/2,bw/2,15,
-bth/2,-bw/2,-1

It looks like the bar is placed at its center point, so inserting a replacement should be straight forward. The simplest approach is to simply substitute the code for your bar for the one in the script. Fancier approaches would create a new parameter for the bar type, then either through sub routines or If...Then statements give an option for bar types.

Enjoy,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
cris2d2:

In the US version of Railing Vertical (which has an annotated script!) starting at line 69 (labeled !!!!!!!!Vertical Bars!!!!!!!!) of the 3D Script is the code for this part of the object. The actual command is
Prism_ 5,zzyzx-hrh-lcbh-ucbh-2*lh,
-bth/2,-bw/2,15,
bth/2,-bw/2,15,
bth/2,bw/2,15,
-bth/2,bw/2,15,
-bth/2,-bw/2,-1

It looks like the bar is placed at its center point, so inserting a replacement should be straight forward. The simplest approach is to simply substitute the code for your bar for the one in the script. Fancier approaches would create a new parameter for the bar type, then either through sub routines or If...Then statements give an option for bar types.

Enjoy,

David
Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I can.