Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

".....TO DETAIL OR NOT TO DETAIL - THAT IS THE QUESTION"

rob2218
Enthusiast
In one of the first projects I worked on in Archicad, the AC instructors showed us how to "cut out" a portion of the plan with 2d linework which then created "details" using the "detail function".

then they showed us how to "refresh" the detail linework so it was kinda linked to the main building model.

So..i'm now in a similar situation. Yet I find myself think..."why can't I simply save a view with the appropriate scale - say 1/4"=1'-0") and simply bring in the "VIEW" from the viewmap list.

is not the way to create an enlarged 1/4 scale partial plan of let's say a bathroom blowup or a stair blowup??? or should I be 2D'ing the linework by clipping out 2d linework detail instead?

Heck I'd prefer to simply have a plan that is still connected to building 3d model rather than clipping out linework then have to refresh/update that linework once the plan changes.............

Suggestions please.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I usually use the "Enlarged Plan" view map method, with suitable layer combination and other MVO settings. But sometimes you just can't get things shown the way you want, or its just plain easier to draw stuff in 2D, so the Detail method gets used too.

The Bathroom example you use - I would enlarge the plan.