cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

A nice example of how to work with materials - Revit 2009-10

Eduardo Rolon
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bah humbug!
Anonymous
Not applicable
quickly and conveniently
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
OMG, now I do understand why there is so much bitching about the ribbon UI

That's an absolute crap for god sake.... and the particular feature implementation too BTW.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
I realized that this talk is not about ribbon, but about division of the wall into materials.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
yes thank you for reminding me but I reckon that's what the second line of my reply addresses mate.

so again. The way how it is implemented in Revit is a real mess. I fully agree with Steve's short but very well put expression.
::rk
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I'm assuming one would still need to draw the wall section correctly once brick is applied to the lower half of the wall.

A stretchable complex profile can be created in half the time it took to modify that wall - and end up with something not only reusable through the rest of the project but more importantly, accurate in section.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK I wrote 'Materials' not ribbon, not modeling.

What is nice IMO is how to create a new material by splitting one and adding another.

… without having to draw it first, then create a new fill in the attribute manager, then pasting what was already drawn, then creating a new material and assign the fill. Then open Photoshop and create the texture to assign to the new material.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Chazz
Enthusiast
Don't get hung up in the dunderheadedness of the ribbon, there is real gold here.

I love the idea that you could change the location of an element by editing its dimension string text. Or at least looking that the video suggested this could be done. I think that would be a very powerful input method (and one I never thought of).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Rick Thompson
Expert
Chazz wrote:
I love the idea that you could change the location of an element by editing its dimension string text. Or at least looking that the video suggested this could be done. I think that would be a very powerful input method (and one I never thought of).
That's the one that I wanted to. What a great way to nudge a window or wall.. or whatever. That could be very useful. Splitting a wall and applying a different material is quite nice too.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display