Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

level dimension modification

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, can somebody suggest how design level dimension marker. I would like to have a marker how it market on picture.

level_dimention.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
vistasp
Advisor
Making a custom marker usually means tinkering with GDL. You can start with the default object and tweak it to your needs. Optionally, browse the depository and see if any of the markers there suit you.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sigitas,

Did you get the GDL object you wanted? If not, I can make one and post it on my website that has GDL's for sale at gdl.qwsoftdraw.com.

Let me know if you still need it made.
Karl Ottenstein
qwsoftdraw wrote:
Did you get the GDL object you wanted? If not, I can make one and post it on my website that has GDL's for sale at gdl.qwsoftdraw.com.
If your intention is to post a FREE object, then this post is allowed. If not, this belongs in the ad section or a PM.

Thanks,
Karl (moderator)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
qwsoftdraw
I still not found a way how to get or create necessary symbol in dimension tools. I'm looking how a can to increase level dimension tools that will be possible to put a new symbol.
ofcourse it is'nt a big issue, but will be useful in design documentation work. by our country standard we must to mark referent level with symbol presented in picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this object do what you want? It reads the distance to the origin and uses the format of the level dimension. You can set the pen in Floor Plan and Section.
If you need any adjustments, let me know I will be happy to modify it.

BTW: We have not picked a free GDL object for this month. Send in your request. http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29941
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Master Script
It works good. Could be good that will be possible to change the Marker size and to put additional text before the dimension number. (expl. FF 0,00)
the question is, did possible jus to put this market to standard dimension tools?

Any way it is very good gdl. Thank a lot of.
Anonymous
Not applicable
-Text before the dimension is no problem.
-How do you want the markers scaled? relative to the text height or via the regular dimensions?
-Does the arrow head always scale with the marker or is it a fixed size (or relative to the active scale (1:100/1:50)
Anonymous
Not applicable
the marker and arrow size could be relative to the text height. usually we use font from 1,5 to 3
I attached scanned pic form regulation norms.
level_dimension2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have modified it, you can choose to use the ID from Listing Labeling for your custom text.