Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dwg inconsistencies from same Translator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using one Translator (v.11) to save .dwg from two seperate files I am getting two different results. The translator is stored on the server so is the same .xml file in both instances. Both ArchiCAD files are v.11 Teamworked files.
One .dwg behaves as expected - Cropped drawing in paper space and then cropped content in model space - all editable.
The other .dwg - Cropped drawing in paper space (all content is OK) and then nothing in model space! All layers are on and unfrozen and zoom extents, select all, achieves nothing.

What am i missing?
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
sbrincat wrote:
Using one Translator (v.11) to save .dwg from two seperate files I am getting two different results. The translator is stored on the server so is the same .xml file in both instances. Both ArchiCAD files are v.11 Teamworked files.
One .dwg behaves as expected - Cropped drawing in paper space and then cropped content in model space - all editable.
The other .dwg - Cropped drawing in paper space (all content is OK) and then nothing in model space! All layers are on and unfrozen and zoom extents, select all, achieves nothing.

What am i missing?
Seems the translator settings have been changed between exports. Both alternatives are possible to achieve.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Translator didn't change...i retried both files in succession to see if the inconsistencies remained...which they did.
The only differences between the files seem to be that some of the views in the file that didn't work, were set to Manual rebuild. Otherwise they were the same.
Even when I changed the Translator settings to output into Autocad model space the two files behaved differently.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then how about trying to set those Views to Auto-rebuild (I assume that is what they are set to in the other file) and see if it helps?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the same problem. On one PC the translator properly translates the Arial font types to ISO, on the other PC everything continues to be in Arial in the exported result.
Barry Kelly
Wilt wrote:
We have the same problem. On one PC the translator properly translates the Arial font types to ISO, on the other PC everything continues to be in Arial in the exported result.
Do both machines (or the machine you are viewing the converted files on) have the ISO font installed?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
On another note I am loosing Dimensions during save-as to DWG, specially dims attached to Grid Elements.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator