Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

solid element operator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple question - created a wall, cut the wall with a solid object to create an opening - I do not understand why the wall does not read in plan (to show the opening).....I've set the wall to "cut only" and checked my floor plan cut plane...but still not luck. What am I doing wrong?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
(trying to upload image)
Thomas Holm
Booster
Grass wrote:
(trying to upload image)
Use the Select (or Choose) File button beneath the text space in the posting dialog, to the right of "Filename"
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the (simple) example I am describing
wall cut.jpg
Thomas Holm
Booster
You should do a search before you ask. This was answered yesterday, and many days before. SEOs will not show in 2D plan view. We hope for next version.

But creating openings in walls is the simplest issue. It has worked in all 20 years of Archicad, AFAIK. Place any door or window. Click the small rectangle in the settings box to delete the D/W but keep the opening. Resize at will. And get some basic training! Start with the tutorials at GS web site.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh yes....in fact I have come across several posts describing this issue....in fact...it comes up almost every day! Ah yes indeed. In fact, there are some many problems and sooo many posts that I can't keep track anymore! Oh well...maybe all these basic problems will be fixed in the NEXT version
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just post each of your problem in a separate thread and they will be sorted out soon, you will see.
There are many helpful people around here.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
There are many helpful people around here.
Yes. But Grass's response to getting help probably won't enourage those people...