Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

editing drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.
I was looking for an answer to my question in the previous topics, but couldn't find it.
I use ArchiCAD 10. I've got to do some axonometric projections. So I make the 3d drawing but later on I would like to edit it: I want to delete some lines, draw new broken lines, put the dimension lines...
Actually I can't find a way to "unlink" the drawing from the model neither in the layout book. Of course the solution is easy for the sections but it isn't for 3d drawing and planes.
Saving the drawing in pdf or dwg and editing it with other programs is not a good solution.

Thank you
Antonio
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
From any view in the 3D window you can place a 2D marquee around the model.
Copy and Paste into any plan, section or elevation view.
You will simoly have a bunch of 2D lines that you can manipulate.

A word of warning.
The copied image will not dimension as it won't be to scale.
The copied image is not linked to the model so no changes to the model will be reflected in it.

Version 12 solves this with the new 3D Documentation feature.
Images can be dimensioned and annotated with text and linework, as well as updated from the original source view if the model changes.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thomas Holm
Booster
Barry wrote:
A word of warning.
The copied image will not dimension as it won't be to scale.
It's been a long time since I used this, but to my recollection, an axonometric view copied will be to scale. Not perspective views, however.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys. However if I copy a marquee from a 3d window and paste it in a plan or section ArchiCAD paste it as a bitmap, not as lines and fills.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
antonio wrote:
Thank you guys. However if I copy a marquee from a 3d window and paste it in a plan or section ArchiCAD paste it as a bitmap, not as lines and fills.
antonio, see attached to check your settings.
It helps to know what version of AC you have and what OS
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
rocorona
Booster
You can only get the vectorial output if the 3D engine is set to Internal. Using the OpenGL you are alloved only to "Copy" as bitmap.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Graphisoft Partner
Thomas wrote:
It's been a long time since I used this, but to my recollection, an axonometric view copied will be to scale. Not perspective views, however.
To clarify this: The only way to get a 3D Document that is at the correct scale, where the measured value equals the dimensioned value, is to use a perfect isonometric axonometric. To do that you need to set the 'h' values (scaling ratios) of the X, Y, Z coordinates to be exactly 1000 in the 3D Projection Settings dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Would that be the reason that I couldn't dimension in the 3D Document? Click on nodes and nothing happens.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No, that would be something else. Nothing happens - not even the round dimension markers appear? Maybe a screen shot, including the dimension settings in the info box would help.

Cheers,
Link.
Brett Brown
Advocate
It was a while ago and got the one node of a beam (round dimension marker) but the other one (for height) wouldn't stick. Gave up. Will post a screen shot if and when it does it again. Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,