Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Project Preference > Dimension > "Option" to Replace, Please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I would like to see:
Project Preference > Dimension > Custom to have an option to Replace with Existing, just like Pen Set dialog boxes. A lot of work around is needed to modify an existing Dimension setting.
Thanks,
Joseph
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Me two!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
64 ArchiTalkers have looked at and only 9 felt this of any significant, may be the subject line should have read "Consistency of Dialog Boxes Through Out ArchiCad" to get more attention and importance of this topic. I can not call it a wish any more.
Joseph
Karl Ottenstein
Joseph wrote:
I would like to see:
Project Preference > Dimension > Custom to have an option to Replace with Existing, just like Pen Set dialog boxes. A lot of work around is needed to modify an existing Dimension setting.
I agree, Joseph! I did not understand your original message - I think you meant to say "Replace Existing", or - as in the Pen Set dialog attached - Overwrite with a choice of existing, defined dimension settings.

(Of course, it is also frustrating that defined dimension preferences are still a 'preference' and not an attribute that can be copied into new projects. All project settings / attributes / data need more consistent treatment!)

Essential.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Joseph wrote:
I would like to see:
I agree, Joseph! I did not understand your original message - I think you meant to say "Replace Existing", or - as in the Pen Set dialog attached - Overwrite with a choice of existing, defined dimension settings.

(Of course, it is also frustrating that defined dimension preferences are still a 'preference' and not an attribute that can be copied into new projects. All project settings / attributes / data need more consistent treatment!)

Essential.

Cheers,
Karl
Thanks Karl for clarification of my wish and adding the Attribute Manager, incorporating these settings.
Joseph