Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Find all elements on a layer that are not objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to find and select all elements on a layer that are not objects, but when I chose "is not" for the type the layer grays out and it selects all objects on other layers too. How do I make this selection criteria work?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Frost
Participant
I'm not sure about the "is not" option in "Find & Select", but the other way would be select everything on the layer and then set the type to Object and click the "–" button to remove objects from the selection set.
AC23 (7000 NZE Full) AC24 (6004 NZE Full)

OS 11.16.1 iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020, 64GB RAM
Karl Frost
Participant
Ah, I've just tried it and the "is not" option does not refer to the type (i.e. Object") but rather the layer, hence your selection criteria becomes "all Objects on layers other than that specified".
To achieve your desired result requires the 2-step process that I outlined previously. Unless someone else has a quicker method.
AC23 (7000 NZE Full) AC24 (6004 NZE Full)

OS 11.16.1 iMac Retina 5K 27" 2020, 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the work around, at least it's possible.

Now, is their any way to select all the objects that have a certain value for a certain parameter?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleverbeans wrote:
Now, is their any way to select all the objects that have a certain value for a certain parameter?
Not by using Find & Select, but you could use a temporary Interactive Schedule to list all the objects with a particular parameter name.

If you tick 'Show unform items as a single entry' then press the 'select on floorplan' button, all of those objects will be selected at once!

See attached image.
Schedule_select1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
The simplest way is to turn off (or lock) all but the desired layer(s), select all elements and then use Find & Select to deselect the library parts (set to objects with no added criteria).