Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

find and select dialogue box is missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently changed back to a single monitor set-up after having dual-monitors. I can no longer see the Find and Select dialogue box. I have tried different palette and work environment formats to try and shake it loose from wherever it is. After switching to a new work environment and selecting Find and Select, I notice that the work environment changes to a "Custom" setting, but no Find and Select anywhere.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried one of the standard WEs? (The included ones with the lock next to it.) I'd hope that would work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked wonderfully! Thanks Matthew, you've made my day. One thing of note. I did have to go back and reset my saved work environment after getting the Find and Select back. Otherwise, every time I selected Find and Select it would default back to a Custom setting. Thanks again!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just a quick note:
Maybe new time it is enough to reset the Palette Schemes to its default value. I believe the positions and sizes of toolbars and toolboxes and palettes are stored in this Scheme.
So you do not have to reset the whole WE Profile (which is made up of Schemes) but only the Scheme that is involved.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chris wrote:
I did have to go back and reset my saved work environment after getting the Find and Select back. Otherwise, every time I selected Find and Select it would default back to a Custom setting. Thanks again!
The Palette Scheme always goes back to Custom, even if the palettes have not moved. (To test this, open the Work Environment, select Palette Schemes, select a scheme, click Apply Scheme, click Apply in the dialog box, click OK; now immediately reopen the Work Environment, select Palette Schemes, it will be set to Custom.) To modify a Palette Scheme, get the palettes and dialog boxes where you want them, open the Work Environment, select Palette Schemes, select the scheme you want to modify and click the Redefine button. When you reopen Work Environment the Palette Scheme will read custom, but your scheme will have been modified and saved, and can be reapplied later when needed.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David and Lazlo for that information. It was very helpful.