Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Addng plaster for walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I add plaster thickness to walls already created?

i tried Options > Element Attributes> Composites>brick plastered both
sides.since the wall thickness is diferrent from my wall i tried to edit
the wall but the EDIT SELECTED ITEM is not getting selected.
thanks
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
How do I add plaster thickness to walls already created?
Hi,

Try doing that from "Floor Plan and Section" -> "Structure" -> "Cut Fill" in the settings of your wall (see the attached image).

Hope that helps,
Adrian Tudoreanu
composites.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
thats what i was trying to do but the problem is that i am not able to select the EDIT SELECTED ITEMS in the composite structure.when i click on edit selected menu it slide open and closes back and then is greyed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
i am not able to select the EDIT SELECTED ITEMS in the composite structure
I'm not sure I fully understood what you meant by that. If you are referring to changing the thickness of each skin, then try duplicating the composite structure and see if the new one can be edited.
Anonymous
Not applicable
when i click on edit selected items it slide down and closed and is greyed(fig)
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
That is strange... It's true that when I close both tabs ("Edit Skin and Line Structure" and "Edit Selected Items"), it shows like in your image ("Edit Selected Items" is greyed and cannot be modified). But when I click on "Edit Skin and Line Structure", it becomes active and it behaves normal. Also make sure you have one skin or line selected (although this happens by default).

Hope that helps,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
creative wrote:
That is strange... It's true that when I close both tabs ("Edit Skin and Line Structure" and "Edit Selected Items"), it shows like in your image ("Edit Selected Items" is greyed and cannot be modified). But when I click on "Edit Skin and Line Structure", it becomes active and it behaves normal. Also make sure you have one skin or line selected (although this happens by default).

Hope that helps,
Adrian Tudoreanu
I tried selecting 1 skin or line but the problem persist.
Do i need to change any settings in work environment?
Anonymous
Not applicable
creative wrote:
Do i need to change any settings in work environment?
I don't think so (or at least nothing in the work environment that could be related to this issue comes into my mind). One last thing ... try opening a new (blank) project, using the default template and see if the problem persists.
Maybe someone else here has any other ideas?

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
help please
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to add plaster by modifying the wall and columns as a complex profile and changing the skin priorities of the plaster in complex profile window?
will i get a correct floor plan display?