Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Library issue

ksjhawk
Enthusiast
I have a problem that I have not yet seen posted...I migrated a file from AC12 thru creating a .pla file of the original teamwork file (I have also tried via simply sharing the .plp after opening in AC13, with no luck either). Once I open the file and share it, I cannot figure out how to gain access to the default AC13 Library.

I have uploaded the library thru the BIM Library Manager dialog box to the BIM Server. Here, I also see my extracted .pla file's library already loaded. When I open the Library Manager dialog box, all I see is my .pla extracted library, but not eh default AC13 Library. I have tried reloading, refreshing, removing and replacing the default library with no luck.

In testing and working out issues, I have set up the BIM Server on an unused machine on our network. It is running 10.5.8, but no server os. I have admin access. Everything at this point seems to be fine, but I can't seem to take advantage of the default library.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Picture 16.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
17 REPLIES 17
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Additional attachment...
Picture 17.jpg
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Karl Ottenstein
In Library Manager, to the right of the huge "Add..." button, notice the tiny button with a triangle on it. Click that ... browse to your server and add the AC 13 library. (User interface at its friendliest. Not.)

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
also though...when all else fails, read the directions...i've done some dumber things in the past...i recently realized this by reading an excerpt from the archicad help menu...don't forget, you have to reserve the libraries first in a teamwork situation...

thank you though Karl...
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
dearmariana
Newcomer
What if I've done all that and we still can't access our libraries?
We had a project that we were working on from two different computers, one AC13 one AC12... sharing the file over our network. We upgraded the AC12 to 13 and decided to give teamwork a try. Uploaded the server and all appropriate libraries. But we have missing objects everywhere, and no ability to add new objects. In the BIM library manager window, our libraries have been uploaded. In the Library Manager for the file, they are not listed under BIM Libraries, nor can we add them anymore. Whereas you used to be able to 'chose' a library, it now asks us to 'open' and 'open' and 'open' until we get all the way down to specific elements.

going crazy here. HELP!
Mariana Pickering, LEED AP
designer and sustainability consultant
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Library Manager Window, there is the Manage BIM Server Libraries button.
If you click it, you go to the Manage BIM Server Libraries Dialog, where you can login to the BIM Server and it will list the available libraries.
You need to select the Library in the list that you wish to add to your project and click the Add button. That will take you back to the Library manager Dialog and the library you just added will be listed under BIM Server Libraries. Then you need to Reload Libraries.
Is this what you are doing?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dearmariana
Newcomer
Hi laszlonagy, thanks for replying...

That is exactly what we did. Our libraries are listed correctly under the BIM Server Libraries in the Library Manager Dialog. We reloaded the libraries.

Then, when we want to create an object, in the Object Settings Dialog, where you should be able to search through the libraries - you cannot. They are not listed.

Any ideas?
thanks, Mariana
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot or two about this?
So you are saying that the library is loaded but the elements within the library are not listed in the Object Settings Dialog?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dearmariana
Newcomer
Sure - Our interface is in Italian, so sorry if I get the English names of things wrong...

here's the Library Manager Window
Emu Architects
www.emuarchitects.com
dearmariana
Newcomer
... and here's the Object Settings Window
Object setup menu.jpg
Emu Architects