Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can any body make technical drawings for that :))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spend 48 hours to realize Im just losing my time to try to make some technical drawings for these benches. At the end of the day I had to prepare some sketches by hand. Archicad is becoming a time loosing machine when you are trying to prepare drawing for production or how something is going to be build. Even scetch up is 20 times better and faster to do that the sad point is ; it is 20 times cheaper . Im considering of changing my software to autocad as I now realize how it is developed and has become a leader again. I dont have a hope archicad is going to change my mind.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
deni, can you describe exactly what you are trying to achieve? if by technical drawings for production you mean fully notated and dimensioned drawings that a builder/fabricator would use to construct the item then that is archicad's main function. it is used for producing these type of drawings for entire buildings of a range of sizes.
the process you use depends on what you require;
if you want to model the bench and then generate elevations/sections/details etc. from the 3d model (i'm assuming the image attached is a view of a 3d model you've created) then you can easily do so using the elevation/section/detail tools and text/dimension tools.
alternatively, if you want to produce the technical drawings entirely in 2d format, that is also fairly straight forward using the available 2d tools in the floor plan window or, more appropriately, in an independant worksheet.
i hear the opinion that autocad is 'better' for production drawings frequently, which i don't understand. even if used for only 2d work, archicad has essentially all the same basic 2d tools/options available and, i believe, a more user friendly interface/workflow process. I find its usually an issue of adequate training/acquaintance with the program.
if you are having a specific issue with setting up of production drawings from 3d model, please clarify.
davide
Newcomer
i've drawn with archicad 12 an iron stair in 3D. it's been very hard, i've made a lot of section and i' ve assigned to each element a layer neme and i use the section of 3D for explain how made the stair. If I have to made an other time a projet like this , i think the best way is use worksheet ( 3D - section and wooksheet ) and not the section from 3D . it's less complicated with layer , techical detail , quote etc, In this case I've started with 3d section and i finisched with the 3D section, and it's been my first 3d design in archicad and my first technical design. sorry for my bad english. i've used jpg becouse pdf are bigger
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to achieve the pieces of the bench. I have joinery workshop and I want to give every piece for production to the joiners. I wanted to produce joints (males-females- trapezoid connections ) and every piece which going to be produced to be in 3D drawing with dimensions on it. Not everybody can read drawings and combine the things in his head. One labour mistake for serial production of 300 benches can be disaster. I have the same problem with the building drawings as well.
Archicad has serious problems with freely moving in 3D and z coordinate. It doesn't have the freedom. It is just funny with its SEO and profile manager and trimming to roof operations. You have to trick and do silly things all the time to achieve the target. I have to forget about the business and waiting clients and start to learn scripting or what? Nobody with responsibilities would spent time for such useless thing. You guys can go to autocad's official site and watch the video materials there you will understand what I mean.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One more thing , can anybody advise how to do transversal sections or the only way is to create additional stories as I do
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're using a Building Information Modeller to try and model carpentry, you need to buy and learn SolidWorks. Just so you know, you can model anything in ArchiCAD, you just need to know how. I have modelled free form buildings and furniture a lot more complex and detailed than your example in ArchiCAD, and sent annotated and dimensioned 2D and 3D drawings of it to the manufacturer. It would take about an hour for me to produce production drawings of that bench. Are you sure it's the software that's lacking?
deni wrote:
One more thing , can anybody advise how to do transversal sections or the only way is to create additional stories as I do
A Transversal Section? Otherwise known as a plan.

deni wrote:
Im considering of changing my software to autocad as I now realize how it is developed and has become a leader again.
Are you a troll?
Dwight
Newcomer
Steve wrote:
Are you a troll?
Excellent retort.

I award you Dr Seuss's new book.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Can any body make technical drawings for that )))"

Most of us here can, Deni, it's just you...
You can do it in AC, Autocad, Allplan or even CorelDraw only if you know how, and it requires reading and practice!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
I award you Dr Seuss's new book.
I think my mother read that to me when I was young...
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK guys sorry for finding AC hard to use. Do you know how can prevent SEO operated elements to recover when I move any of them. I find hard to move 4 or 5 elements put in different layers and attached to each other. I would like them to be shown on floor plan to be shown as they look after the operation. Their floor plan looks how they are originally created is that a normal thing? I have attached the bench and table model on which the client agreed on but my working drawings remained as 2d traditional ones unfortunately. Note: I am not just a joiner I am a contractor as well.