Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 13 64bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help!!!!!
I can't install the Archicad 13 64bit version. I have a win7 prof 64bit operation system, but the CAD isn't install itself with the 64 bit version, just the 32 bit version automatically. I can't install with myself the 64 bit version, so I can't do nothing in this case. I installed the cad13 32bit version, but it is very slowly with a 10Mb size file. so I need the cad 13 64 bit version, but I don't know, how can I to install it,,,,

Please help me!
Thanks!
Istvan
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure, I don't have the DVD on me, but can't you select the proper installation straight from DVD?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution to this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Start "Setup.exe" from ArchiCAD 13 DVD:
folder ArchiCAD 13/ArchiCAD 13-WIN64/setup.exe
It works!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. I tried this yesterday, but it doesn't work. The installation doesn't even start..nothing happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this: Copy AC13 DVD to hard disk (ex. folder 0000) and run SETUP.exe from my previous post "as Administrator"....with Right button!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm an administrator on this PC, but I tried this and it didn't work either.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think what andro55 says is that you should right-click the setup.exe file and select the "Run as Administrator" command from the context menu.
This is for some reason sometimes gives a different result then just being logged in as a user with administrator rights.
Windows rights are a bit of a mystery to me, but I had cases when I could run something properly only by using this option.
Maybe the reason is that the given program may need administrator permission at some point while it runs. If you run it as an administrator, you give all that permission to it in advance so it can complete.
This is just a guess so if anyone know please correct me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right, sometimes this can help. As I wrote, I tried this and it didn't work. The installation doesn't even start. I don't have a clue what to try next.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Answering my own question here. I got a suggestion from the Swedish support to check my Java version. I had two Java installations, one 32 bit and one 64. I uninstalled both and installed 32 bit again. After this I was able to run the AC 13 installation. Case closed!