Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

How to explode text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!
Does anyone know how we can explode text in AC. For example in Corel Draw you can make the text as curve and you can use it as object.
This would be very helpful if for example we want to make 3d text (so we could explode the text in fill and the fill convert into slab ...)
Appreciate your help on this.

bard
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
TEXT 3D object is the primary approach to 3D signage lettering.

To use this object for curved text, each letter must be individually placed.

ArchiForma, an Add-On can make 3D text in a circle.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
If the reason you want to explode is to create 3D text ... have you looked at the 3D text object? 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both of you!
I have used the 3d text many times, but sometimes I wondered why we can not do the text curving similar to Corel Draw!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also for example if there is a logo of the company, i could draw the logo and the text make it gsm 3d it ....
I know I can do it separately but why not explode and have the text as hatch!
rocorona
Booster
You can use the Explode command on the 3D text object, resulting in (a lot of) simple lines. You can then Magic-wand them with the fill tool.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
You cannot!
Exploding 3d text results in line segments, not arcs, which makes it unusable.
I have wished it twice, but it seems nobody cares about it.
So stick to Corel ar Autocad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
You cannot!
Exploding 3d text results in line segments, not arcs, which makes it unusable.
I have wished it twice, but it seems nobody cares about it.
So stick to Corel ar Autocad.
I'm confused? Why do the resulting lines and not arcs make it unusable?

The fill tool will recognise either as a boundary, and if you need finer 'curves' increase the resolution of the library part before exploding.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to modify the letters to create a logo you will need curves. Usually this is the reason to explode text. Also, most interesting fonts have a lot of curved parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh, I see.

I don't think I have ever been able to explode text in Autocad LT2004? Is this something introduced in the newer versions?