Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

materials don't show up correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

here i am again with another prob.

when i do create a Photorender projects i don't see the same materials i used.

does anyone got an answer for this.
please see the attached pics to understand better my prob.

thanks

archicad 12
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming the difference you are showing is between the OpenGL in the 3D window an the results of a rendering, I would guess that you are using the Lightworks engine and the settings for the material are different from the internal engine (which is what OpenGL uses).
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ar_raneem:

In addition to Matthew's reply, there is a button at the bottom of the Lightworks Shader Settings in the Material Settings dialog box to "Match with Internal Engine".

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
My material isn't showin either...
I created a new material with a new texture... the material is showing in the opengl 3d view...them i saved the model as a .mod file.... when i impirt the mod file to another project it becomes the problem..
the material just don't show.. neither in opengl or photorender...
instead the wall that has the material came all black...
what might going on??
Thanks
Karl Ottenstein
fabricfo wrote:
i saved the model as a .mod file....

Generally, do not use MOD files unless you really understand them.

Materials are attributes. And MOD files only contain the attributes associated with the elements in the mod file. When you merge it into another project, those attributes come along, perhaps wiping out other attributes at the same index number. But, with materials, the texture itself is loaded by library manager. So, if you do not have the folder containing the texture for your new material loaded in Lib Mgr for the project into which you merged it, you will have a missing texture error. Do a library 'reload' and see if you have an error in the merged file with the black wall?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB