Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Unify xrefs and hotlinks

Rakela Raul
Participant
i would unify these two things
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
8 REPLIES 8
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I think xrefs are totally unnecessary, and the feature is only in AC to placate ACAD users as they learn the new software. The feature is good if it helps to dispel some fears, I just don't use it.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Thomas Holm
Booster
Please amend the topic headline with "Unify xrefs and hotlinks" - now it's unclear what this poll is about!
Done. Thanks!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I think xrefs are totally unnecessary, and the feature is only in AC to placate ACAD users as they learn the new software.
I completely agree with you. I use the drawing tool all the time.
::rk
Rob wrote:
I think xrefs are totally unnecessary, and the feature is only in AC to placate ACAD users as they learn the new software.
I completely agree with you. I use the drawing tool all the time.
If only the drawing tool had the ability to show/hide layers in it - it would be perfect solution for x-refing - no garbage layers, no garbage atributes....

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
If only the drawing tool had the ability to show/hide layers in it - it would be perfect solution for x-refing - no garbage layers, no garbage atributes....
This is a brilliant idea! Is there a wish we could vote for somewhere?

A couple of other improvements that could make it even better is to make it possible to magic wand elements inside the drawing, and enable a way of manually controlling the general linetype scale within each drawing, so that lines will always display themselves correctly.
Rakela Raul
Participant
deleted
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
glad to know that im not the only one who thinks AC needs a face lift
for these 'external fileS-referencing' menuS.

I wouldnt kill (never that drastic) dwgs but i wouldnt give them a special separated menu....all files referencing in one place to clean up interface and much easier for new users as well......IMHO !!!!!

i voted average myself......i know it is not a big deal and that there are other things much more important to implement or fix......but a wish is only a wish
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If only the drawing tool had the ability to show/hide layers in it...
Actually I have talked to GS people about this (layer settings for a drawing) so hopefully they would remember (it does not mean they will do it soon though ). However there is always a 'collateral damage' that has to be considered so it takes a time as AC has become painfully complex.

Anyway I did create new poll:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27624
::rk