Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New automatic title marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to make an object which automatically links back to the relative drawing that it is referencing. (To save time in cross referencing). I had a look at the standard title markers and one looks pretty close in looks, but I cant see hw to reference back to the source page). This is bugging me...

Any one had the same problem?

Ive attached a quick sketch to show you what I mean....

Thanks Guys!

18 REPLIES 18
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What version of AC are you using? Back referencing is only available in AC12, and even then it is the Layout, not the Drawing that is referenced.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,

thanks for your reply. I am using version 11. So when you use the title blocks do you manually put the reference in with a text box?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
kirst.coultas wrote:
hi,

thanks for your reply. I am using version 11. So when you use the title blocks do you manually put the reference in with a text box?
This is probably the best way (as opposed to creating a string of text within the title), because you can use Autotext to literally link the text to the back-referenced Drawing.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am just curious... why do you need to back-reference a drawing to a drawing and not to a layout? This kind of cross-referencing does not make a sence or at least it is not practical whatsoever.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
My mistake. I do need to reference a layout to a layout.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
you meant a drawing to a layout
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, my mistake.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Rob wrote:
I am just curious... why do you need to back-reference a drawing to a drawing and not to a layout?
One could have multiple Drawings on a single Layout -- say, eight different enlarged plans. One may want to reference the specific plan, not the entire sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is also the case. Do you have any idea how to do this?