Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

basic rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a student using version 12 and I can't seem to get any ligts to show in 3d. Could someone please post screen views for one light with all of the various settings required? On one menu I've chosen lightworks but then there's a;nother place where I'm given only 2 choices and I've chosen internal renderer. Does that make sense? I have been able to make the cones show up but no glow from lights.

Thanks to anyone who comes to my rescue!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sharon,

Firstly, read through the 'photorendering' section in the reference guide. The pdf version is found on the help menu within ArchiCAD.

In the rendering settings, select the 'Lightworks Rendering Engine' option at the top. Check you have the sun and ambient selected as light sources. Select 'lamps' also if you have lights on the floorplan. The 'sunobject' and 'skyobject' are also classed as lamps and need this setting to be on to work.

For individual lights - check the lightbulb buttons next to the slider in the individual light settings to see if the light is actually turned on.

It is worth checking the sun settings also to see if the right time of day has been selected. (It's under the 3d projection settings).

Hope that helps!